Monday, 10 June 2013

Best green juice EVER

Image via Healthy Cosmos
I'm obsessed with juicing and eating raw ATM so excuse me for becoming a bit of a juice bore. However, I wanted to share my love of Gwynnie's Best Green Juice. Reason being, I have loads of juice recipes courtesy of Jason Vale and Well and Good NYC but often they require ingredients which aren't within an arm's length. I'm a believer that simple is good. 

Such is my love for La Paltrow that I actually purchased the Daily Mail (I just pulled my baseball cap down over my face and went on in - it's different from reading the showbiz app, right?) in order to glean her wisdom from the exclusive recipe preview and interview.

This recipe is so basic that I simply ensure I have the nuts and bolts and then go crazy every now and then by throwing in a few oranges (as above) or varying the green content to whatever I have in the fridge. 

So here's Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe for The Best Green Juice
5 large leaves of kale, ribs discarded, leave roughly chopped
1 lemon, zest and pith removed
1 large apple
1 inch piece of ginger
1 sprig of fresh mint

Push all the ingredients through your juicer. You could blend and then pass mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Drink immediately

My tips: 

  • I use anything to hand - organic lettuce, non organic if that's all that I have, spinach, anything green. 
  • Because I like sweetness I tend to go for 2 apples and even an orange if I fancy it.
  • I used to use unpeeled (unwaxed) lemons and could end up feeling nauseous so it's worth peeling them. 
  • I simply slice off the peel in a slapdash manner and peel the ginger with a teaspoon held upside down. 
  • Try to 'chew' your drink before you swallow
  • Adding ice and a straw seems to make it all the more fun (and you avoid a green tash) 
  • Try to push into the juicer slowly for more yield. Sandwich the softer stuff between apples (another good reason for using two apples, I use one to start and one to finish). 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful green juice and green juicing recipes. Green juice is very important for our health. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you heart. x