|Image via Healthy Cosmos|
I'm obsessed with juicing and eating raw ATM so excuse me for becoming a bit of a juice bore. However, I wanted to share my love of Gwynnie's Best Green Juice. Reason being, I have loads of juice recipes courtesy of Jason Vale and Well and Good NYC but often they require ingredients which aren't within an arm's length. I'm a believer that simple is good.
Such is my love for La Paltrow that I actually purchased the Daily Mail (I just pulled my baseball cap down over my face and went on in - it's different from reading the showbiz app, right?) in order to glean her wisdom from the exclusive recipe preview and interview.
This recipe is so basic that I simply ensure I have the nuts and bolts and then go crazy every now and then by throwing in a few oranges (as above) or varying the green content to whatever I have in the fridge.
So here's Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe for The Best Green Juice.
1 lemon, zest and pith removed
1 large apple
1 inch piece of ginger
1 sprig of fresh mint
Push all the ingredients through your juicer. You could blend and then pass mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Drink immediately
- I use anything to hand - organic lettuce, non organic if that's all that I have, spinach, anything green.
- Because I like sweetness I tend to go for 2 apples and even an orange if I fancy it.
- I used to use unpeeled (unwaxed) lemons and could end up feeling nauseous so it's worth peeling them.
- I simply slice off the peel in a slapdash manner and peel the ginger with a teaspoon held upside down.
- Try to 'chew' your drink before you swallow
- Adding ice and a straw seems to make it all the more fun (and you avoid a green tash)
- Try to push into the juicer slowly for more yield. Sandwich the softer stuff between apples (another good reason for using two apples, I use one to start and one to finish).